Is it illegal for someone to try use theyre vehicle to keep my vehicle from backing out of the driveway next to theirs?

I was at a friend's house and the neighbors and I had a disagreement . i got into my bmw at the same time he (the neighbor) did theyre truck. As i started to reverse out of the driveway he did the same to keep me from leaving. Does that carry some sort of charge for him? Like vehicle assult ?

• 1 year ago

Easy thing would have been is you should have called the police and told them you are being blocked and held against your will.. The cops would have made him move and probably maybe even given a ticket for blocking a drive way

1 year ago

I suppose in theory you could call a situation like that harassment, menacing if done to intimidate you, unlawful imprisonment, or even just disorderly conduct.

• 1 year ago

VEHICLE ASSAULT?? You ARE kidding, right? Good, I thought so because you were not assaulted, not even by a vehicle. Assault means someone had physical contact with you, which you do not mention.

Hot heads often lead to stupid decisions. You arguing with your friend's neighbor and your friend's neighbor blocking your vehicle. I would call it even and stop engaging in anti social behaviors. The next time you go to the friend's house, just ignore the neighbors, regardless if they taunt you to engage them in more dysfunctional behaviors. Nothing of this nature is worth an arrest record. Chill man, chill.

1 year ago

A.- I guess no one ever told you that it is extremely rude to argue with a FRIENDS neighbor! You don't live there and have to deal with the aftermath!

B.- You should spend more time studying grammar (" there", "they're" and "their" and capitalization) and less time arguing !

• 1 year ago

What did the police say when you called them?

• Sharon
    1 year ago

obstructing traffic

• 1 year ago

He can't sit there and block you in forever.

• 1 year ago

You might be able to make a claim of false imprisonment for blocking you in like that, but that would probably be a stretch since you could still walk away. If he took other action to prevent you from leaving, then that would contribute to it being a case of false imprisonment.

• 1 year ago

No. Deliberately hitting your vehicle with his could be considered vehicle assault, if there was such a thing. Next time, call the police and tell them that he was threatening you and now is deliberately blocking you. It would more likely be a harassment charge.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • 1 year ago

If he's blocking the driveway, call a towie