Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationCamping · 7 months ago

Why do people with huge, and expensive rvs camp out in the middle of the city?

They are mostly retired people, and they should have planned out a real camping spot. Those huge rvs should never overnight park in the middle of the city. If you are going to buy a hundred thousand dollars or more rv,then park at a campsite.

Are they that stupid to buy a really expensive rv, and overnight in front of a grocery store. There are truck stops, Walmarts and other places.

They need to be close to the beer. Recently, I was forced to park my vehicle in Denver, notified the nearby homeowner that I was parking for the night because I was blind from getting my eyes dilated by an eye surgeon. I hiked a half-mile to a hotel for the night to sleep off the eye drops. Many circumstances can lead to urban camping, just like dispersed camping can be much more enjoyable than sitting in a developed campground.

• Toruko

Please do not ask me a question and rant your suggested answer.

I could get people like that confused with the $100,000 people that

are also so annoying. If the RV's are not parked on your property

then notify the appropriate land management. Thank you for not

being any worse.

• Mj

They aren't camping. They are touring in a house on wheels.

Its fun

• Jerry

If I go to Tampa to visit Busch Gardens, I want to spend the night near Busch Gardens, not at some hour away campground. If WalMart is OK with me spending the night in their parking lot, what's it to you? I'm totally self contained and quiet besides.

If I'm driving cross country, then why on earth would I pay big bucks for the amenities of an RV park just to sleep? Those places aren't cheap. All I need is a place to get off the highway and catch 8 hours of sleep, then I'm up and on my way again. Not at all interested in hooking up to water, electric, etc., just in turning off the engine and taking a snooze.

• Rick

Maybe these people "camping" in the middle of a ,.large city is because they've visited the city to enjoy a play, visit an art gallery or enjoy the fine dining a city has to offer.

I will/can park my huge expensive RV any where I desire.

What's your problem?

A lot of big 'Class A' RVs are not as expensive as you think. After 20 years or so they get leaky and nothing works on them anymore. $100,000 is a lot to pay for an RV (though they do go up way higher than that!)

Many RV parks are also 'stupid expensive'. More than a nice motel! Plus if it was a big city you wanted to visit, the RV parks are way out in the country.

If someone lives in a self-contained motor vehicle, what do you care if he parks on the street? I mean so long as it's not right in front of your house, so long as he's not playing loud music or anything? A lot of cities have neighborhoods where RVs can park--warehouse and office districts where they won't bother anyone. Most Walmarts allow them to spend the night in their parking lots.

But some cities (Los Angeles for one) have broken-down RVs on their streets occupied by homeless people. The can't tow them away because there's no place to store them! These aren't visitors, they're 'permanent' residents.

They uncircumcised