Would you call carpet cleaning a shady business?

In the past, I have seen coupons for "whole house cleaning" $50 or $60. You hand them the coupon and say ”do it” and when they are done, they demand ¢$200. If you protest, they ”call the boss’ and now, because they are doing you a favor, it is now only $120, still double. If you ask for an estimate up... show more In the past, I have seen coupons for "whole house cleaning" $50 or $60. You hand them the coupon and say ”do it” and when they are done, they demand ¢$200. If you protest, they ”call the boss’ and now, because they are doing you a favor, it is now only $120, still double. If you ask for an estimate up front, maybe $300 and you haggle to $200 or whatever They come from the Heart East and English isn’t their native language.
Yesterday, I think they were Armenians, they were peddling door to door. Today only, you pay cash, we clean whole house $100. Cash, we start now? You like? Maybe clean two room only $50. You pay cash.
I pad $100 cash. They did it with a Rug Dr. I don't remember them using a drop of chemicals. I think one sprinkled some &1 aftershave around. They smelled like too much b.o. and too much Skinbracer.
What an experience! Year ago a friend caught one sniffing his wife's dirty panties!