promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentConservation · 10 months ago

are insects dying out? i noticed an ammount of articles reporting that pesticides are killing off insects all around the world?

one article i read stated that if we continue on this path that all insects would be gone within a century; is this true? https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/05/where-have...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There are plenty of insects out there. No shortage of them.

Having said that, there are some species which are endangered or threatened. But insects in general? Plenty of them.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Yes. There is a crisis. The insects will die out.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Yes: Bees, butterfly's, are die-ing out all the good ones, but the fly's and mosquitoes they will live on for ever!

• Mike
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Those pesky Pine beetles froze to death last winter

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jim2
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Apparently so. Here is another link besides the one you posted that says the same thing:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2019/02...

They list habitat change, including deforestation and big agriculture, insecticides, and climate change.

Unfortunately, I can vouch for the fact that the damn tick population is increasing exponentially! (They are not an insect).

But I too have noticed less bugs in recent years, in spite of the warm, wet weather we have been having in my area (northeast USA) for the last couple years.

This may seem like a good thing, but it is not: Ecosystems may start collapsing!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

i hope so, ive had issues with bed bugs rnyself and wouldnt rnind seeing thern get elirninated

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.