If someone is mute how can he live by himself if he cannot make emergency phone calls?
- RICKLv 76 months ago
They have TTY
Many locales now allow texts to 911
- CogitoLv 76 months ago
There are several phones you can get which you type on and a message is sent. A friend of mine is deaf and has no speech and she manages perfectly well.
- Anonymous6 months ago
- PAMELALv 76 months ago
He can text anyone he wants to.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 6 months ago
1. TTY - telecommunication device for the deaf, you type 711 which reaches a special 911 for the deaf and reads text
2. TTY Relay - using a TTY or a text phone you communicate with a relay operator who calls 911 on your behalf
3. You can have a prerecorded message that you have an emergency, giving your address and other details
4. You can have an emergency button alarm that contacts the police when you press it
5. Some mute people use assistive technology that speaks for them
- PearlLv 76 months ago
he can get one of those things that he wears around his neck and in an ernergency he can pull a button and that will let 911 know he needs help and where he is
- mokrieLv 76 months ago
There are phones made for that purpose that will send text to the police or relatives in an emergency.
- CaoedhenLv 76 months ago
And of course there is now "text to 9-1-1" in most cities as well.
- Arthur DentLv 76 months ago
They are given a text to speech box that says what they type so they can use the phone. Also for emergencies they can use a pre-recorded messages that can be played back at the push of one button.