Are mini coopers reliable ?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Depends on the engine. Definetly don't get them with a 1.6 Tritec petrol engine, that one was very bad. Better option is a 1.6 HDi, if you don't mind diesels, those are quite reliable, just be vary of the oil changes, because the oil pan has a weird shape and it can't be fully drained, also it has some problems with EGR valve, that can be easily fixed. Then there's the 1.6 Prince Engine, which has a lot of problems with turbos. The best option would be the N47 2.0 petrol on the 2009+ models, but those are still pretty expensive. The new 2013+  1.5 engines are quite reliable, as far as I've heard. So there you are. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Toruko
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Yes but I find it cheaper to stick a finger down my throat for the same reliable result.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I know they go like heck..when they run.,

A friend in class needed a turbo limit line (??) replaced on his Mini , or it wouldn't pas smog. $1,000 from BMW....just for a piece of rubber.

The UK version was the Worst. That's why Bum-W took over.

"Reliable" is a loaded word.. I see Chryslers go 300K with maintenance; Toyotas crap out in 40K without oil changes. My Toyota is a POS, my Honda even gave me a lot of grief. My Chevy just needs a new RM seal but Getting to it is $$. My Harley is more reliable than my Honda. About 2/3 of Saturns make it to 250K. A lot of Honda (cars) had bad transmissions. Nothing is "perfect" ; individual opinions of the "R"-word vary like heck.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes both the UK and German versions

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

I take it you mean BMW minis rather than the original BMC one. Cooper is a trim level across the entire range and covers several engines both petrol and diesel, so reliability will vary somewhat. Early models had various non BMW engines, Chrysler (Tritec), Peugeot, Toyota and others. Since 2013 BMW engines are used throughout and reliability improved significantly albeit from a very low level.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

They hold up well if you take care of them, just like any other vehicle type does!

• Anon
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

Could say this for a 1974 Vega. So; What?

• 8 months ago

junk

• 8 months ago

No way, Jose

• 8 months ago

They don't have a great reputation unfortunately.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

nope. .........................

• ...Show all comments
    • Geo
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

Look at the Reviews. Bottom Dweller, almost every other car is more reliable. Except FIAT.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.