Is it possible to make or bake a black cake?

I was just thinking about cakes and I have seen cakes of all colours of the rainbow and back again and upside down and inside out before breakfast, I even saw an invisible cake once. But never a black cake? Chocolate cake comes close but really its just a dark brown. I think it may be because cakes contain eggs and... show more I was just thinking about cakes and I have seen cakes of all colours of the rainbow and back again and upside down and inside out before breakfast, I even saw an invisible cake once.
But never a black cake? Chocolate cake comes close but really its just a dark brown. I think it may be because cakes contain eggs and black chickens do not lay black eggs?
I cannot get my head around the science, a black cake would need to absorb light and wouldn't it implode under it's own gravity? That would be against the natural laws?
I looked around my kitchen the only stuff I found that was black is black rice and black pepper but that wouldn't go in a cake?
What ingredient could possibly be added to a cake to make it black?
It occurred to me as well there are no grey cakes but that is probably for very different reason?
Update: wouldn't a black cake cause indigestion and explosive diarrhea? black ingredients would do horrid things to a persons insides?