Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

How do I replace my girlfriend's pregnancy tablets?

My girlfriend and I are getting married soon. She just visited her gynecologist and she gave her folic acid tablets which will help her when she is trying to get pregnant. I'm scared about having children so was wondering if there is anything I can swap her tablets for that look the same. It's too early for us to have children

• sdc_99

If you aren't ready for children, talk with your partner about the fact that you aren't ready for children. Don't try to go sneaking around behind her back. And folic acid won't help you get pregnant. it just support proper neural development if you do.

• John P

If the two of you have different ideas about having children how will you cope with what life in general throws at you as a couple?

And note that whatever pills she takes which are not specifically birth control pills may not make much difference to her fertility. Some sorts of pills "might help" her to be more fertile but the chance are that she will fall pregnant if you start having normal unprotected sex in marriage.

Basically - are you ready for marriage?

• Linda

SHAME on you!

You are a freaking maniac, talking about switching someone's medication without their knowledge. And switch them with what?? Please seek mental help. And folic acid isnt going to do much to cause someone pregnancy anyway. I hope for her own sake she doesn't become pregnant from a creep like you.

You should tell her. It's actually ridiculous you'd come to Yahoo Answers with a question like this. You're not ready, tell her. Like an adult.

Folic acid just prevents birth defects. Most people, including you, don't get enough folic acid through food, so it's a good idea to take them.

You need to have a conversation with your girlfriend about your fears about having children. You should be in agreement about this before you marry.

The fact that you are thinking of replacing her tablets without telling her tells me that, at a minimum, you two aren't communicating enough. It also means that you have a tendency towards being controlling, which can lead to your being abusive. You need to put a stop to these tendencies right now, before you marry. It's completely unfair to her if you do things without telling her and without her consent.

Don't depend on her to use birth control, use condoms with spermicide included every single time you have sex. That will tell her clearly that you're not ready to have children.

If telling her you're not ready to have children is too much for the relationship, then don't get married.

i got a vascetomy

• Jill

Folic acid doesn't help anyone get pregnant so replacing them would be a stupid waste of time.

If you can't have an adult conversation with your fiance about the future then DO NOT GET MARRIED because you are too immature.

Grow up and have a conversation about not being ready to have children yet. If you can't have that conversation, then you have no business getting married yet and you should just call off the whole thing.

Also, everyone here is right - those tablets DO NOT increase fertility or help CAUSE pregnancy in any way. They are basically a VITAMIN that the body needs to help be sure the baby gets everything needed in early development.

Folic acid doesn't help her get preggie. It helps the fetus develop correctly IF she gets preggie.

Feel free to take it away. Be sure to take the cereal and milk away too because they have added folic acid.

You better check her birth control pills also because some varieties also come with added folic acid.

I'm sure there is many other foods and supplements you need to take away from her.