What should be done in this situation?? Or what can we expect?

My 90 yr old grandma got into an accident. The guy in front of her slammed on his breaks and she hit hers and turned her wheel to avoid him and from what i was told glanced off the side of his bumper and she hit a concrete barrier. So i guess the guy came over got her insurance info and left did not give his. A... show more My 90 yr old grandma got into an accident. The guy in front of her slammed on his breaks and she hit hers and turned her wheel to avoid him and from what i was told glanced off the side of his bumper and she hit a concrete barrier. So i guess the guy came over got her insurance info and left did not give his. A witness afterwards called the police and they got my grandma to the hospital. Her car was totaled and she ended up having broken ribs. A few days later the guy filed a claim but the description of the car doesnt match the one my grandma remembers. Im not calling her a liar but its possible she doesnt remember entirely. I know how disorienting accidents are. So my question is can the other guy get in trouble for leaving even though no damage or barely any damage was done to his car?