Are different antibiotics required for different health problems?

I'm asking because I've been experiencing what feels like some kind of ear/respiratory infection for a few years now. My ears feel inflamed beyond the eardrum, I constantly have a grainy feeling when I swallow (like when you're about to get sick), I want to cough every time I breathe out or speak... show more I'm asking because I've been experiencing what feels like some kind of ear/respiratory infection for a few years now. My ears feel inflamed beyond the eardrum, I constantly have a grainy feeling when I swallow (like when you're about to get sick), I want to cough every time I breathe out or speak because my throat is irritated, and it feels like my upper throat is constantly congested. My ears feel full and my head feels like it's about to explode because of the built up 'pressure'. My ears are insanely sensitive to sound and 'vibrate' a split second after ever sound I hear which is incredibly uncomfortable (imagine someone flicking your eardrum). There is also a sound that accompanies each shudder in my ears. Movement also affects my left ear. I've been told there's no fluid in my ear (only external examination) and my doctor doesn't think my never-ending cough is related to my ears, but it all feels very much connected to me. I took 5 days worth of antibiotics following my wisdom tooth extractions, but it had no effect on my ears or throat. Would these antibiotics be different to the ones a person would be given for ear infections/inflammation or throat/respiratory illness?
Update: Also, my persistent throat irritation and cough started at the same time as my ear problems following an ear infection back in 2012. My ears have gotten worse and worse every year. It is now crippling me. I can't function. I have a constant 'earthquake' sound going on in my ears and I can feel the... show more Also, my persistent throat irritation and cough started at the same time as my ear problems following an ear infection back in 2012. My ears have gotten worse and worse every year. It is now crippling me. I can't function. I have a constant 'earthquake' sound going on in my ears and I can feel the vibrations associated with it. So even if I'm not hearing any noises, my ears are so sensitive that they're constantly tremoring inside. Perhaps I'm hearing my blood flowing through them?
Update 2: Also, I am a non-smoker, don't drink, eat mostly whole foods, avoid foods that promote mucus and inflammation. The only thing I don't do that I should anymore is exercise because it aggravates my ears and I also lose 80 percent or so of my hearing until my heart rate goes back down. It's both torture to... show more Also, I am a non-smoker, don't drink, eat mostly whole foods, avoid foods that promote mucus and inflammation. The only thing I don't do that I should anymore is exercise because it aggravates my ears and I also lose 80 percent or so of my hearing until my heart rate goes back down. It's both torture to exercise and scary.