Isn't college stupid?

I realize that sounds kinda outrageous so I'll add this nugget, I'd agree that going to college after high school is the best option the way our society is set up now, so I would recommend it, but my point is more how did we get to a point where it seems like a good idea. Think about it: a person wants to... show more I realize that sounds kinda outrageous so I'll add this nugget, I'd agree that going to college after high school is the best option the way our society is set up now, so I would recommend it, but my point is more how did we get to a point where it seems like a good idea. Think about it: a person wants to spend money to learn how to better make money? That's absurd. And since there's two very obvious rebuttals, I'll save everyone some time and address them. Yes, I did go to college but I majored in something completely different than the field I'm in now (a big part of why I question if college is worth it). And to anyone who wants to argue the whole 'college experience' thing: people can come of age anywhere. Right now college just happens to be where alot of other people are.
13 answers 13