Jeep patriot 2012 check engine light small evap leak?

So I had a check engine light come on for small evap leak .I wen't to the jeep dealership and got a new gas cap for my jeep. The light went away before I even started it I drove it all over for 5 days and the light came back with the same code one of the colder mornings.I'm wondering what I should check next?Thank you!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Geo
    Lv 6
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Well...If you don't want to take it to a Mechanic with a Smoke Machine, put on your dirty work clothes. You'll need a good light source, the easiest place to check is by the Battery. The Purge Solenoid and lines running back are there, check for any split lines or fittings. Make sure the lines fit snugly on the nipples. The Charcoal Canister is in front of the rear bumper on the drivers side. Look at the lines and fittings going to and from it. It's unlikely that the leak will be between the 2 points, the vapor and vacuum lines should be bundled with the Fuel and Brake lines.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

An example of how ridiculous some of the OBD II codes are. Extremely difficult to diag and fix. For what? Should be 2 categories of codes. Ones that matter and those that don't.

• 1 year ago

Replace the charcoal canister vent valve.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Time to see a mechanic with a smoke machine and a scanner with directional control (to close the vent valve) to find and fix the leak.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.