Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Any advice on how to lose weight instead of gaining too much weight from gaining muscle?

My friend and I started a workout program to get in shape towards the end of last year. It is mainly just weightlifting, and it’s perfect for her because she wanted to gain weight in muscle. I started gaining weight as well, but it’s reaching a point to where some of my clothes no longer fit, such as all of my Nike shorts. I don’t want to gain too much muscle. I’m not sure if I should be doing more cardio instead. I work a desk job and try to go to the gym for an hour before work. I’m short, and staying thin has never been extremely easy for me, but I do try to eat healthy as well. I’m not sure what I should be doing, or if this makes sense.

Weigh gain (doesn't matter if its muscle or fat) means you are eating above maintenance. To stop gaining weight you need to reduce calories.

You need the right balance of muscle and fat.