Why doesn't America want a tax payer free healthcare system like the UK and Canada?

It seems selfish to me because what if a poor family had a sick 5 year old child with cancer? And that family can't afford to treat their sick child? And I thought America was a Christian country? Jesus didn't charge anything when he healed sick people. How can you justify rich people getting healthcare... show more It seems selfish to me because what if a poor family had a sick 5 year old child with cancer? And that family can't afford to treat their sick child? And I thought America was a Christian country? Jesus didn't charge anything when he healed sick people. How can you justify rich people getting healthcare easier than someone poor? Jesus was right "It's easier for a camel to walk though the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god"