How to open a dual shock 4 with dull screws?

I have a pull on my left joystick and i’m trying to open it up so i can fix it ( i already know how) but two of the screws are dull so it won’t turn and i can’t open it. how do i open it like this?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If the heads are rounded off then take a hammer and at the same time you're trying to turn the screw tap the screw driver with the hammer. This forces the screw driver to stay in the screw head.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Use the correct screwdriver but dip the tip in superglue(just a little bit) also try the same method but put literally the most smallest amount of baking soda powder in on top of the screws before you put the screwdriver in so that it will bond the superglue better to the screw head

If not just gotta use a small drill piece for like 3 seconds and take the heads off

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Once you have rounded off the heads with the wrong screwdriver you have messed up. If you can find one that fits better you might still have a chance. Otherwise you are going to have to remove the heads of the screws somehow or cut a slot in them to get a better grip. Drilling the heads off would work if you are more careful than you have been so far.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.