Why do I get moments of incredible discomfort and how can I stop them?

Sometimes if something is annoying me, like how my clothes feel or having a pimple that won't go away, it starts to make me feel incredibly uncomfortable in my body. I start to rock in my chair, pull at my hair and tense up my face and hands. Sometimes I bite my fingers really hard and pinch myself or dig my... show more Sometimes if something is annoying me, like how my clothes feel or having a pimple that won't go away, it starts to make me feel incredibly uncomfortable in my body. I start to rock in my chair, pull at my hair and tense up my face and hands. Sometimes I bite my fingers really hard and pinch myself or dig my nails into my body. I also start to hit things with my head or my legs until they hurt and I can't stop the discomfort from going away. It gets lessened from doing those things but I can't help doing them anyway. I just want to know why that happens and if there is any way and I can get it to stop or at least calm down.