? asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 7 months ago

Words disappear on my computer screen, but I've run all kinds of virus and malware protection and no change. What do I need to do?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

boot a clean os cd and see if its ok.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Fred
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Printers have required minimum margins. You cannot have smaller margins without problems.

Create a new Word doc (Ctrl-N) and set all margins to zero. Press Ctrl-P and you will receive a notice that some margins are outside the printable area and an offer to correct this problem. Click OK to repair this and you will see the minimum margins for your printer. Inkjet printers generally require a larger bottom margin than the same doc printed on a laser printer. A doc that is properly formatted for a laser printer may paginate differently on an inkjet printer.

When you have problems with Word that you cannot understand, do 2 things:

• Click on the paragraph symbol on the Home tab, Paragraph group to show non-printing characters which can change formatting.

• Press Shift-F1 to open the Reveal Formatting task pane. (If you are using a laptop, you may have to also press another key to access the F keys). Click in different areas of the doc to see exactly what formatting is being applied in that area.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

What program or website are you using/at when this happens? Where on the page is this happening? Is the location consistent? What happens if you refresh? What happens if you view the document in another program?

It's a known glitch of MS Word 2016, always words on the last line or last two lines of a page. They are there, but they do not display. (I would hate to count the number of times I attempted to re-create them, only to delete or insert text later and have both versions appear now that the pagination is different.)

• jj
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

I have never encountered that problem with Word 2016!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.