Some keys are not working on my keyboard. The Back key and one of the Enter keys, specially. Is it the keyboard, a virus, or something else?

One of the letter keys also does not work. Help!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

It probably that the keyboard needs replacement. Viruses don't affect how the keyboard functions. It might be that there is something wedged between the keys that prevents it from being pressed.

• 7 months ago

Was a drink spilled on the keyboard at all, ever? Perhaps there is something stuck under the key that when pressed, isn't pressing down the whole way.

Definitely not a virus, it is possible it's the keyboard itself. How old is the keyboard? Get a can of compressed air and spray out the keyboard. If my keyboard had this problem, here is what I would do:

I would turn off the PC first, unplug and spray the keyboard with the can of compressed air, check to make sure USB's are clear of any debris, plug keyboard back in, turn PC on. If it does it again, get a new keyboard. Also you can try to pop the key off the keyboard and check under the key if it is still doing it after cleaning and etc.

Source(s): My own personal computer experience of 25+ years.
  • Uri
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

Time for a new keyboard

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

probably a mechanical fault in the keyboard itself. maybe the contacts are just dirty. or you spilled coffee or soda or something on it at some point.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.