Excluded from meet-the-baby party, and now very angry.?

A family friend moved to the other coast 3000 miles away. Got married, had twins. I shipped her multiple gifts off her baby registry, nearly $100 worth. It felt like the right thing to do, since I also have kids, and she's a family friend. A year later, she flies out to our home coast with her infant twins,... show more A family friend moved to the other coast 3000 miles away. Got married, had twins. I shipped her multiple gifts off her baby registry, nearly $100 worth. It felt like the right thing to do, since I also have kids, and she's a family friend.

A year later, she flies out to our home coast with her infant twins, and hosts a meet-the-baby gathering at her sister's house in a nearby town. Hardly anyone from our hometown has seen her or met her kids since she moved away. My mother was invited. My brother was invited. I was NOT invited. I was crushed and irritable and angry about being excluded. It also hurt that my brother and mother did not have my back: They quietly endorsed the exclusion by not saying anything to the new mom host.

I want my money back!