He rejected me because I am no longer a virgin? Help?

I need help to cope with the rejection. I have never been rejected because of my virginity and I feel like an idiot for putting high expectations. He said he is fond of me and has been asking me out for lunch and such. We are very much attracted to eachother and had a connection. He has been texting me everyday... show more I need help to cope with the rejection. I have never been rejected because of my virginity and I feel like an idiot for putting high expectations.

He said he is fond of me and has been asking me out for lunch and such. We are very much attracted to eachother and had a connection. He has been texting me everyday and showing interest up till he ask me that question.

He said he cannot accept someone who is not as pure as him and he wants us to stop.

However, he still wants to hangout and I said no.

I feel so insecure about myself and I hate that I am not a virgin and because of that i lost him.