Shiner from an accident?

My roommate bumped her head bad when she went to pee at night. She said it was a strong hit but she made nothing of it because she was so sleepy. she hit her head on the faucet right beneath her eye. She woke up and the whole bottom of her eye is one huge oval bump, the whole eyelid, it even closes her eye... show more My roommate bumped her head bad when she went to pee at night. She said it was a strong hit but she made nothing of it because she was so sleepy. she hit her head on the faucet right beneath her eye.
She woke up and the whole bottom of her eye is one huge oval bump, the whole eyelid, it even closes her eye partially and it's purple in color. She thought it's a wasp sting but then she remembered the bump from the faucet.
Im pretty sure it's a huge shiner but she doesn't believe me. Could it be from the bump?
1 answer 1