promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Receiving an unusable gift from an unknown person?

a Few days ago I received a very heavy package from Amazon prime. Inside was an incredibly heavy specialty blanket. There was a gift card with no name. I called Amazon and was told giver preferred to remain anonymous. But she would send this person an email asking them to contact me. No response.

I have asked everyone I know if they sent it and all say no (and I believe them).

I have always been a believer in not accepting gifts from a stranger. Amazon said I can return it for a gift certificate, I feel the same about a gift certificate.

Anyone out there know how I can find out who sent it? I will ask Amazon to return the money to the person’s account.

Ideas?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Return it, and don't use the gift card. This feels like it could be some sort of scam.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

I sent a gift that way a few years ago. It was not sent anonymous but Amazon failed to state that it was from me. It arrived so quickly - another state - I didn't want to alert them before they received it. Apparently, they asked everybody they knew too, less a few people including me. When I called them, they were so relieved. Be patient. Perhaps, the giver will decide to call and ask how you like it. Be prepared with a diplomatic answer.

• 1 year ago

Could be a scam of some sort, or an error.

• 1 year ago

Thank you, exactly my thoughts from the beginning, a scam.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bubba
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

It was me , send it my way

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.