Can't get over my girlfriend's past assault?

I found out that my girlfriend was assaulted at 12 by a neighbour guy who was in his early 20s at the time. It took some time for me to accapt the whole thing (I almost broke down crying as she told me how it happened, in the cellar of her house, as she was about to put her bike in it after school. She told me she... show more I found out that my girlfriend was assaulted at 12 by a neighbour guy who was in his early 20s at the time. It took some time for me to accapt the whole thing (I almost broke down crying as she told me how it happened, in the cellar of her house, as she was about to put her bike in it after school. She told me she fought, bit him and screamed for help but none came. Her parents were at work). Her dad at the time hit the guy with a piece of iron and threw him out of the balcony. Her dad went to jail for a while for it, but though he doesn't accept me as a boyfriend I do really admire him for what he did. The bastard was almost lynched by his own community and his relatives sent him abroad to escpae but then he was arrested. I am her first real boyfriend, the only male person after her dad she trusts. She hasn't fully recovered yet but she makes progress. I just cannot accept it happened to her. She is such an innocent, humble and good hearted girl. She was really shy and introverted at the time. Why her? Why bot those ones who go clubbing? She was just a child. When she sleeps with me she looks for my hand but when she's stressed in her sleep she elbows me hard, but I dont care cause I love her. I just wish she wouldn't cry and hate herself for what happened to her, even if she punches me incounsciously and cries realizing what she did after she wakes up, I dont resent her but she blames herself. Once she told me 'I wanna know what real love feels like'.
Update: It makes me really sad realizing that he took something of her and let her damaged so bad after years. I feel so much compassion for her it keeps me from seeing her as an actual girl you can make love with. I love her but I would feel guilty having sex with her. What's wrong with me?
Update 2: Her dad did the whole beat the day after the assault, when they told him. And I have to be honest, I admire him. And the story is true. The neighbour had the house at the first floor. We weren't in america wheteeverybody own a big house, but in a small apartment where garages and cellars are attached to each other. show more Her dad did the whole beat the day after the assault, when they told him. And I have to be honest, I admire him. And the story is true. The neighbour had the house at the first floor. We weren't in america wheteeverybody own a big house, but in a small apartment where garages and cellars are attached to each other.
Update 3: By the way her dad stayed in jail just for precautions for a few days, in order not to kill or revenge on the guy