Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

Has anyone felt suicidal due to sleep deprivation?

Nothing helps me sleep. I can’t get a doctor to prescribe anything to help....they all say take melatonin. Well, I can literally take 20 melatonin tablets and not be the least bit sleepy. For years now I have slept a max of 3.5 hours a night. I’ve tried all the sleep hygiene stuff. Doesn’t work for me. Did a sleep study and was diagnosed with a circadian rhythm disorder. No doctor will help. I screw up at work all the time and always feel terrible. I can’t remember anything. I’m a danger on the road. It’s torture. I am at the end of my rope.

Nope. May be your suicidal thoughts triggered sleep deprivation. Please don't think suicidal!!

Ever tried medical marijuana?

Try inositol. Google it. What I use currently. 5-HTP might work too. Have used that as well or take together. Melatonin seems to lose its effectiveness after a while I’ve had the same problem. If you end up going to another doctor, don’t bother going to a regular mainstream medical doctor. They’re taught nothing about nutrition or supplements or anything of that type. They might know about melatonin but so does everybody. Lots of other stuff out there, You’d be much better off going to a naturopath, homeopath, etc. Even a hypnotherapist would be better. Mainstream medical doctors are only taught to use prescription drugs and surgery to treat people. Also check to make sure you don’t have any endocrine issues. I had high calcium because of hyper parathyroidism and all the doctors said I didn’t. But I went on ‘parathyroid. com’, turned out I did. Had to have surgery but only because that’s the only treatment for hyperparathyroidism. But the high calcium was causing me bad insomnia

• bubba

too much melatonin with keep you awake , did you start on a small dose or did you start hitting big numbers at the start coz you thought , i need sleep soooo much i will take 5 x the proscribe does to start with ? Endep is another good option to help sleep , maybe you need to speak to a different DR , and yes i have felt it

One remedy that helps me get a good nights sleep is to put a small amount of organic coconut oil in my coffee in the daytime and Manuka honey in my warm milk at night or a half of spoon by itself. Not sure why it works but it does for me.

• Andy C

Doctors don't help those who don't follow up.

Doctors don't just hand you a diagnosis and then leave the room.

no never, but you can totally stop coffee, colas

I got the same problem only less severe. But in this case there would be no point of me feeling suicidal if I know I might eventually die anyway. Too less of sleep can kill you. If you dont sleep within a week, your body eventually shuts down on it's own. So too little sleep can be dangerous

• Alfred

please, stay strong , in spite of the above...

additional questions are to be asked in real life, in your area.

you need to sleep accurately - it's obvious.

by all means -please, refrain, repeat- REFRAIN - from ANY form of even trying to hurt yourself or take your life- whatsoever...

GET NOW to the Emergency Room inasmuch as you feel like hurting yourself and INSTEAD of your even '' just trying'' it!

maybe you could discuss talking with your doctor taking l-tryptophan

https://www.insomnia.net/natural-remedies/l-trypto...