"Professor being unfair" or "I deserve it"?

I was absent in the previous meeting (first meeting, to be exact) due to a sickness that forced me to cut class for that day. People are telling me we had homework and told me I should work on it. I didn t do it because I was afraid that regardless of my efforts, it would be rejected because I was absent last... show more I was absent in the previous meeting (first meeting, to be exact) due to a sickness that forced me to cut class for that day. People are telling me we had homework and told me I should work on it. I didn t do it because I was afraid that regardless of my efforts, it would be rejected because I was absent last meeting, just like most instructors do and thus, my mindset.

Realized upon submission, the professor said that one gets rewarded with open formulas for the whole term if they passed their homework.

Unfortunately, everyone passed theirs, I was the only one who didn t and was punished, I am not getting a open formula sheet for the whole term.

I tried talking out to my instructor if there s another way to get such advantage but she would not budge. I am stuck and disappointed or even discouraged to learn further.

Memorizing more of these Laplace transform tables, I get more to memorize loads other formulas on other subjects which is okay and now I add that. Looks more that what I can handle.

Everybody s getting an advantage and I don t get one. My fate and way is decided all for a single initial homework. Do you think this is unfair?