Why does it seem that teachers (esp. Male) get so uncomfortable or turned off from me after i stare at them?

When they are teaching the class isn't it normal for me to stare at them? I feel like I am doing something horrible becausw of the response I get from these teachers and it has happened with a female teacher before too. One time i did it to a male teacher and he just smiled like he was shy. This is all in... show more When they are teaching the class isn't it normal for me to stare at them? I feel like I am doing something horrible becausw of the response I get from these teachers and it has happened with a female teacher before too. One time i did it to a male teacher and he just smiled like he was shy.
This is all in college btw

And please give any help on how to act around teachers or people or authorities because i jsut dont get it. Thank you!