Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

Do Christians really view women as nothing more than domestic servants and breeding stock?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow, thou shalt bring forth children and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesians 5:22 - 24:

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Corinthians 14:34-35.

34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

• 4 months ago

Of course not, silly. Women are daughters of God.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Of course not. Women and men are equal as far as dignity though they have different purposes in the Divine Plan.

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The Bible considers women property, not people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

No, of course not.

• 7 months ago

I don't personally think so. However, there are usually more subtle degrees of sexism that are inherent within the religion, and consequently within the minds of most of its adherents. And also..? A metric f*ck-ton of sexual repression, shame, and taboos that hurt both women and men. Although in different ways.

Color me SO not a fan of it! And as a feminist, I could speak for hours about why that is! Believe me.. But I won't. Because I'm on a stupid bloody smartphone, and also just about to go grab some lunch. ;)

• ronald
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Of course not.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

That is the Atheists way! Look at how so many Little girls and Innocent Woman keep getting Raped these days!

Christians have LOVE in them and will always care for all others around them! Ones that do beleive in GOD fall in-Love and then really get married!

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Only the conservative Christians. They’re basically Muslims.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

No that religion would be Islam. Christians are followers of Jesus. Jesus’s message was that people should all love each other. All the rest of it is pomp and circumstance that is meaningless. Grow up you little turd.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.