Following a detailed Youtube lecture about evolution an atheist friend disclosed to me that he now considers himself to be....?

'agnostic' rather than atheist. He went on to state that he had been convinced of Darwin's Theory but over the past weeks he had done his own 'due diligence' rather than just accept what was being told to him. He admitted that his 'atheism' had been founded on the Theory. And now that... show more 'agnostic' rather than atheist. He went on to state that he had been convinced of Darwin's Theory but over the past weeks he had done his own 'due diligence' rather than just accept what was being told to him. He admitted that his 'atheism' had been founded on the Theory. And now that the Theory was in question, so too, by default, must be his atheism.
I appreciated his honesty and respect his decision and I see this as his moving toward Truth. Of course I spoke to him about God and Scripture, but he raised his hand to shut me up, saying "Too much too soon!", and with that he left the room.
Question: When would be an appropriate time to re-approach him with the Word? How long should I wait?

P..S The video on YouTube is by Professor James Tour lecture 'The Mystery of the Origin of Life'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU7Lww-sBPg