Biting Amazon parrot tips?

I have a new 38+ year old male who was locked in a small cage at least 17 months and not handled at all. I mostly keep his cage open except when I m at work (3 days a week) he mostly likes to be on top of the door. Hes tried to mate with me several times and I walk away so not sure if his biting is because sexual... show more I have a new 38+ year old male who was locked in a small cage at least 17 months and not handled at all. I mostly keep his cage open except when I m at work (3 days a week) he mostly likes to be on top of the door. Hes tried to mate with me several times and I walk away so not sure if his biting is because sexual frustration mixed with some fear maybe? He loves food. goes crazy for it but when it comes to stepping up he will only give me one foot, takes the treat, then bites my hand l. At first I let it slide like it didnt hurt but hes starting to actually bite really damn hard. He likes to get around on his own like if I m eating he tries to come to me but cant so I ll go to him and try to get him to step up to get it but he HATES hands....no idea what to do but just ignore him when he bites but I ve tried that at it obviously hasn t helped....
1 answer 1