Should th UK have won the Eurovision song contest?

I think the United Kingdom should be proud of coming last in the cheesy Eurovision song contest. The least cheesiest nation in the contest ✌️ ✊ -- coming last was because of Brexit obviously. It's a bit like going to a neighbours barbecue the day after you run over their cat and expecting it to go well.

• I love your neighbours' barbecue analogy.

I am old enough to remember when we won Eurovision, when Edward Elgar penned Puppet on a String, before these countries that weren't even countries then are now members of the EU and can take part in this silly contest.

They all give us nil points, but they still all want come leev in Eengland yes my fren. Eengland good my fren innit.

• Ludwig

We do like to come last. The whole point of the Eurovision contest is so we can laugh at foreigners. For years we had Terry Wogan present it because his comments on it were comedy gold.

• SJ

Nobody in their right mind wants to win Eurovision.