Why did electric clocks stop being produced?

Back when I was little, wall clocks had a cord running down them that plugged into a wall outlet. The majority of the wall clocks were like this. Our alarm clocks had a clock face (not digital) and plugged into the wall socket, it was called the westclox dialite. The alarm used to be a buzzing sound, one that was... show more Back when I was little, wall clocks had a cord running down them that plugged into a wall outlet. The majority of the wall clocks were like this. Our alarm clocks had a clock face (not digital) and plugged into the wall socket, it was called the westclox dialite. The alarm used to be a buzzing sound, one that was comfortable rather than a beep.

The electric clock that we used to have the pendulum would move slowly from left to right and look as though as it was being dragged from the left to the right, I loved the effect.

The kit Kat clock that were obviously electric, the eyes and the tail would slowly move from left to right. The eyes would creep from side to side making this really cool effect.

The minute hand would quietly sweep across the clock.

Nowadays the clocks internals have changed since it being battery operated and the effect isn't the same anymore. I don't understand why they changed the effect and not kept it the same way?

Lately they just have recently created clocks whereas the minute hand sweeps across the face of the clock and it being battery operated. This was something I've noticed lately and loved because they brought back that effect.