Can physical altercation cause a bipolar episode?

I'm 21 F and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 16.i don't medicate. I'm used to having episodes but the triggers have always been stuff like crowds loud noises the basics. But today I think I had a completely different type of episode it was crazy. My fiance and I were play fighting he... show more I'm 21 F and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 16.i don't medicate. I'm used to having episodes but the triggers have always been stuff like crowds loud noises the basics. But today I think I had a completely different type of episode it was crazy. My fiance and I were play fighting he accidentally backhanded me in my mouth. It ridn't hurt didn't scare me it really wasn't a big deal I wasn't. Mad either because I knew it was an accident. But all of a sudden I'm laughing and pouring tears at the same time once I stopped I went to being aggravated until we got into a huge fight where I went back to crying and eventually laughing they each took their time but had no transition from one emotion to the other. I didn't realize what was going on until I calmed down. Could the physical effect of being hit have messed with the chemicals in my head sending me into an episode?
1 answer 1