How to get an 8 yr old boy to admit he stole money ?

My bf asked me about 60 dollars or 3 , 20 dollar bills that had been in his wallet. I had not taken the money and he knew he didnt spend it . While putting the kid to bed I heard change I his pocket . I asked politely where he got it and he mumbled an obvious lie very quietly. I ask to see it and he pulled... show more My bf asked me about 60 dollars or 3 , 20 dollar bills that had been in his wallet. I had not taken the money and he knew he didnt spend it .
While putting the kid to bed I heard change I his pocket . I asked politely where he got it and he mumbled an obvious lie very quietly. I ask to see it and he pulled out some quarters . I said I dont care about change you can keep it . Then I asked if he knew what happened to daddy s dollars and he got quiet and mumbled n7o. I desided not to make him turn out his pockets because I dont want to accuse him. I want him to do the right thing .
How can i make him come clean before he goes back to his mothers tomorrow night?
He isn t a bad kid his mother makes him lie even in court and I m afraid this was something she may have put in his head . The 60 dollars will not bankrupt us but I dont want this to become ok in his mind.