Why are people so afraid of free time?

There's been so many times where people berate me for having "no plans" for an extended period of time, like it's unnatural of even indicative of something fishy afoot. Even though I work full time and take care of myself completely, and have a social life. I honestly think the US is a workaholic... show more There's been so many times where people berate me for having "no plans" for an extended period of time, like it's unnatural of even indicative of something fishy afoot. Even though I work full time and take care of myself completely, and have a social life.

I honestly think the US is a workaholic culture (it's been documented that we work more than many other developed countries), so we're just programmed to think free time is equivalent to being a bum.

Me? I'm an introvert, so having "down time" is basically like crack. Don't f-king shame me. Thoughts?