Strict parents at 16 years old?

My parents have always been more strict with me than my brother who is only a year older. Even at 16 I'm still not allowed to stay the night at a friends house nor allowed to walk to my job which is only 10 minutes away. Mind you my job is at a family owned diner where I waitress and only for part time because... show more My parents have always been more strict with me than my brother who is only a year older. Even at 16 I'm still not allowed to stay the night at a friends house nor allowed to walk to my job which is only 10 minutes away. Mind you my job is at a family owned diner where I waitress and only for part time because that's all my parents will allow. My brother gets to stay at friends house on occasion and has a later curfew. At 14 he was allowed to ride his bike around the neighborhood but my parents never let me. When I asked why my dad said it's because i'm a girl which is not a real reason. I get decent grades in school and stay out of trouble, I get so bored being at home and wish my parents could be more lenient. I am mature! Not much is going to change from now until I turn 18 except I will be an legal adult then and can do what I want, like why do they have to be so strict??
13 answers 13