Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 months ago

I was looking for a puppy to adopt on craigslist,?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Big mistake. Only BYBs or worse advertise on such websites. If you want to 'adopt', go to your nearest Shelter. If you want to BUY a decent puppy who has been carefully reared from pouring over pedigrees prior to the mating, to going out into the world, choose a breed you'd like, find a good breeder via the relevant Breed Club (they had Codes of Ethics which should rule out BYB /chance breeders) and GO VISIT. Always see mum with their litter (even if they'd used an outside stud dog) and meet the breeders. If something seems off, move on.

Reading your further comment - you WAS SCAMMED. There was never ever a puppy.

I'm afraid this has to be a lesson learnt.

I hope you aren't trolling although I am always suspicious when there's a new account with a dubious 'question'.

• 7 months ago

You adopt from SHELTERS.

You BUY from horrible backyard breeders on craigslist - if you happen to be a moron that supports that sort of thing.

• DON W
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes, it's a scam. Never try to purchase a pet over the Internet--you need to see the pet in person and pay the money directly to the owner.

Also, that's not the way that ebay works.

If you read the Craigslist rules, it says only to purchase things in person.

Sorry you were tricked.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.