If women and men are against one another then why don’t they just like other men or women?

My teacher yesterday was telling one of the male teacher helper that women live longer and she also said because he made a mistake and that’s ok and she forgives him because he is a man which offends me and makes me wonder if men and women are against one another like that why do they still date one another why... show more My teacher yesterday was telling one of the male teacher helper that women live longer and she also said because he made a mistake and that’s ok and she forgives him because he is a man which offends me and makes me wonder if men and women are against one another like that why do they still date one another why doesn’t it change to men date other men and women date and marry other women. It sounds stupid to be with someone who you are against