Why does my car radio not have any sound?

I have a 1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 with an aftermarket radio my brother put in. He lives 5 hours away and isn t answering his phone and I d like to get this figured out before I leave town. The radio turns on, changes stations and inputs and everything but there s no sound in the speakers. Any idea as to why? I tried to look it up on youtube but all i saw were actual installations. I was told I needed to buy a speaker and a speaker box to wire the radio to, and i did that. Now what?! help please!!

It's definitely a speaker wirering issue.

The factory amp may be blown.

• Phil M

If the car has factory speakers there should be no reason to buy an external speaker box. I am going to guess that your brother cut the factory radio harness out of the vehicle and guessed at the colors of the speaker wires. If you're lucky, he only missed a ground wire or something simple. It could also be that the radio just quit working and needs to be replaced.

You have issues with the wires connecting your radio to the speakers.

clean some of the penis cheese out of it, the stuff naturally blocks sound when it gets stuck in there

• Geo

Nice Brother hooked it up and didn''t check that it worked?