Sansa asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

Is $100 for dog sitting enough?

I'm dog sitting my cousin's friend's dog next weekend starting Friday night till Monday morning. This is my first time petsitting a dog so I'm not sure if $100 is a fair pay. I'm sitting the dog in my house.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Best Answer

I based my charge on what would have had to be paid in a Boarding Kennel. And going by what both parties were happy with. I'd have been happy with that sum for only a long weekend!! Especially with no travel involved. In fact as the people we sat for, did the same for us on occasion, I only charged for the 3 weeks they took off overseas. I'm no business-woman and charged £300 the first time for the 3 weeks, house-sitting, grass cutting, plant watering, mail taken in..... plus 3 dogs and their 3 cats. Over the years since the first time, she didn't offer to increase that charge - and I didn't ask!!

Warning - it might seem like easy money, but it is a huge responsibility. If you have your own dogs, it may not be a good idea to bother about getting them together. Make sure you have a contact number for them, and the name/address of the vet they use (a note giving their vet permission to treat their dog if bought in by you, might be relevant too).

• 6 months ago

yes, for sure.

• 6 months ago

depends really I petsit my sisters pets for free so youre lucky

• 6 months ago

That sounds Fair to me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You're getting paid whatever you've AGREED to get paid. If you don't like what they want to pay - which is VERY generous - then tell them you can't do it. It's not up to you to decide what they're willing to pay.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

In my opinion, that's far too much to pay for someone that's not bonded and insured.

• 6 months ago

It's more than I'd get, and I board dogs as a business. If you're staying in their home, it's probably about right. hard to say for sure; prices vary from place to place

• 6 months ago

OVER-priced. $25 per day is sufficient. You should ask for $50 or $60 max. Since it is your cousin's dog, ask for $50 and no more.

Source(s): Have dogs & have boarded my dogs.
    • Sansa6 months agoReport

It's not my cousin's dog. It's my cousin's friend's dog.

• 6 months ago

Sounds more than fair to me for a full time sitting, but I am from the old school.

It is a responsibility but nothing like back breaking work.

• 6 months ago

Thats plenty enough

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.