Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 7 months ago

I don't even know how to breathe through my chest, I've always used my diaphragm! Do most people breathe from their diaphragm?

I don't think I want to learn a way to breathe without using my diaphragm, to tell the truth.

oikoo Interesting observation. Do you have any proof to back up your claim, though? Your hypothesis does sound fairly convincing, though.

no idea

Try this exercise 5 minutes a day to train your lungs.

1. Sit relaxed while leaning back.

2. Place one hand on your stomach and one on your chest.

3. Inhale through the nose for two seconds, feel the moving air fill the stomach. Feel your stomach getting full and moving bigger. Your stomach must move more than your chest.

4. Breathe for two seconds through small open lips while feeling the stomach deflate.

5. Repeat 10 times. Keep your shoulders tight along the repetition, and keep your back straight while practicing this diaphragmatic breathing.

• Yuli Asmoro7 months agoReport

I give a complete tutorial for singing and breathing exercises
      https://ebookatn.blogspot.com/2019/04/discover-how-to-become-better-singer.html

Most people - I'd sat actually all - use chest (rib cage) and diaphragm at different times, and both together when breathing deeply, even if they do not realise it.

Just put a hand over your bottom rib on the front of your chest, breathe out and then take as deep a breath as you can.

You will feel the rib move upward slightly. That's "chest breathing", as you call it. The angle of your ribs changes slightly, from downward to nearer straight out, making your chest deeper and expanding your lungs.

You _cannot_ use the full capacity of your lungs unless you use both chest and diaphragm together.

You don't breathe through your chest, you breathe though your nose and your mouth.The diaphragm is a muscle used to control your breathing, male and female. Gender has nothing to do with breath control.Where do you get the erroneous idea you can breathe without using your diaphragm?

i would think everyone breathes that way

• oikoσ

As a general rule, most women are rib-breathers while most men are diaphragm-breathers. Makes sense. A pregnant woman does not need a muscle that causes pressure on the uterus.

Very Few, I am not one.