I tried to visit a porn site on on my phone on company guest wifi will it be traceable? The wifi doesnt require a username or ID?

So here it goes I've been looking for answers and cant find any please professional answers only.. so I was in the bathroom and I decided to try and look at porn while on the toilet. But once I reached the site it said it was blocked and didnt let me go through..... I then realized I was connected to the company wifi as I stated above it doesnt require any credentials to log in it just comes up with a page that says you have to agree to there terms and hit accept and your in....my worry is would the IT administrator be able to track it back to me like literally track it back to me and say hey you did this. Once I went to the page it said blocked and wouldnt let me view it but my concern is would the IT guy be able to see someone tried to visit porn and then literally track it back to me say through my IP adress or my MAC adress I posted this on another site and got different answers I'm looking for something solid and definite. Here are some details I used a Samsung galaxy s9 and my phone name is just galaxy s9 it doesnt say my name or anything I never was able to access the site it was blocked but I'm wondering if they could pinpoint it to me or would this be hard to do would they need a court order and things of that nature to actually go through the process of getting to me... please help I'm worried I'm gonna lose my job thanks a ton for real and professional answers

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

They wouldn’t know it was you unless you already gave them your MAC address. Your MAC address isn’t public knowledge and not linked to your name anywhere, they’d have to get your phone and match the MAC address.

Why would they care anyway? They have blockers in place for a reason and this situation is proof that their blockers worked. Now, if you started trying to bypass the blocks then they might look into it.

• 1 year ago

The idea of someone wanting "professional answers" to a question about watching porn on the toilet is ludicrous in the extreme.

• jason1 year agoReport

Thanks for your input but if you dont have an answer just ignore the question no need to comment

1 year ago

i dont think so, if they block it i dont think theyd keep track of whoever tried to get into it cause its blocked