What type of furniture can we buy for our apartment if my mom wont let me buy anything?

Let me explain.. my mom does not want me or my fiancé to buy things since we are getting married in October and she says people want to buy us stuff. My neighbor already gave us a couch and a chair for the living room. We have a queen sized bed and a dresser for the bedroom which is my fiancés from his room at his... show more Let me explain.. my mom does not want me or my fiancé to buy things since we are getting married in October and she says people want to buy us stuff.

My neighbor already gave us a couch and a chair for the living room. We have a queen sized bed and a dresser for the bedroom which is my fiancés from his room at his parents. We have a brand new television I won at my job.

I cant buy a dining room set because my mom says someone wants to buy us one. I cant buy plates and stuff because she says someone will buy us that. She said no to a toaster although we have one my fiancés mom said we can borrow.

What can we get for the time being. We are getting married in October and i guess we can deal without some items for now but what can we do for a dining room set for now... my mom suggested a patio plastic set for the time being but my dad got mad when i told him my mon suggested that :/