What position would I play in football?

I need a change in my life and I was thinking about going out and playing football my junior year. I am currently a sophomore but I played football from the age of 5 to 12 and quit then. I have fairly good awareness and a good football IQ. Lots of people are encouraging me to play football but I’m not too sure what... show more I need a change in my life and I was thinking about going out and playing football my junior year. I am currently a sophomore but I played football from the age of 5 to 12 and quit then. I have fairly good awareness and a good football IQ. Lots of people are encouraging me to play football but I’m not too sure what position I would play.

I just turned 16
Current sports - Water polo & Swim team
5’11 170
Bench 205 Deadlift 350
I run a 3.1s 20 yard dash which is roughly a 5.5s 40 yard dash
25 inch vertical
Decent hands
I’ve never been very shy to contact
I’ve played pretty much every sport there is from lacrosse to wrestling to water polo
Back when I used to play I was a DE/LB and a TE but I’ve always liked defense more
I have a fairly decent body like I can gain fat and muscle quick or lose it quick so if I needed to gain some weight or lose something I could
I am not meant to be a sprinter like a WR or CB as I have some hip problems that limits my mobility in situations like that

Let me know what you think, personally I think safety or running back as I’m a bit small to play in the front 7 but who knows.
10 answers 10