Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 months ago

What position would I play in football?

I need a change in my life and I was thinking about going out and playing football my junior year. I am currently a sophomore but I played football from the age of 5 to 12 and quit then. I have fairly good awareness and a good football IQ. Lots of people are encouraging me to play football but I’m not too sure what position I would play.

I just turned 16

Current sports - Water polo & Swim team

5’11 170

Bench 205 Deadlift 350

I run a 3.1s 20 yard dash which is roughly a 5.5s 40 yard dash

25 inch vertical

Decent hands

I’ve never been very shy to contact

I’ve played pretty much every sport there is from lacrosse to wrestling to water polo

Back when I used to play I was a DE/LB and a TE but I’ve always liked defense more

I have a fairly decent body like I can gain fat and muscle quick or lose it quick so if I needed to gain some weight or lose something I could

I am not meant to be a sprinter like a WR or CB as I have some hip problems that limits my mobility in situations like that

Let me know what you think, personally I think safety or running back as I’m a bit small to play in the front 7 but who knows.

The one your coach assigns. Go speak with the high school coach NOW. It is fine to express your interest in and or preference for a position, but it really comes down to your specific skills and how many, if any, other players are better at a particular position.

Maybe they'll let Jerry out of prison to be your coach.

LB (Liar Back)

What's your time for a 100 freestyle. I did 52.10 in 1963, 2:06.5 in 200 IM.

going by your description I'd put you at running back if "I" were your coach.

• Tight End

Based upon your statistics, you are only suitable to be the team buttboy. That's the guy who slaps the players on the a** when they go into the game. It's very important because it gives the players confidence.

• Bob

You might be able to make the team as a water boy or towel boy.

• Cu Tie

I highly encourage you to join your high school football team this upcoming season. It will still not (yet) be too late for you to start playing football again.

Based on your height and weight, as well as your lifts, 20-yard, and 40-yard dash times, I believe that your best fit is at defensive end. You have the ideal size for a high school defensive end.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch defensive end in high school football, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your junior, and especially senior, year of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final 2 years of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program in the future.

I wouldn't put you anywhere but wide receiver.

Based on your height and weight the best fit for you is the wide receiver position. You have the ideal size for a high school wide receiver.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch wide receiver in high school football, who could go on to play college football in the future.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football, especially during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final year of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program in the future. ©

Source(s): TTWTWTH

You can't be a sprinter but think you could play RB? Anyway if you had REALLY played football for a team before then you'd know that the Coach will assign you a position, you aren't going to be going on to the team telling the coach I'm playing this position. I mean MAYBE if you had been playing for the school from the time you were first allowed and going to be a junior the coach would listen, but not when you haven't played in years.