Why does my friend keep making judgement about what I do?

So I go to university and I have a group of friends. In my spare time I go ballet dancing and I love it and it’s my hobby. I am passionate about dancing and I like to upload photos and videos of myself dancing because I enjoy it. One of my friends is a gay guy. Every time I see him, he always has something to say... show more So I go to university and I have a group of friends. In my spare time I go ballet dancing and I love it and it’s my hobby. I am passionate about dancing and I like to upload photos and videos of myself dancing because I enjoy it.
One of my friends is a gay guy. Every time I see him, he always has something to say about my dancing, and it’s usually cynical or negative.

I am very passionate about what I do, but every time I see him he makes a snide comment about my dancing which makes me question myself.
He will tell me to stop dancing and hurting myself and to concentrate on something else, like yoga. Every time I make a passing comment, that I’m tired for example, he will sarcastically say that it’s because of all the ballet I’m doing. He will also make a snide comment of how many pictures I post and then if I’ve hurt myself doing it, he will comment and laugh and keep asking me how my foot is.

No one else takes as much interest in this as he does, because he always feels like he has something to mention. He also said to me one day ‘well it’s not like we all have the body to do ballet is it?’

It’s really hurting me, because I love doing what I do but his cynical comments and judgement make me feel self-conscious.

why does he keep feeling the need to comment on my hobby?