Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 7 months ago

Why do people think that it is illegal to marry her because of one of her main goals is to get a green card and citizenship?

So my parents and my relatives in ho chi minh city are setting me up with someone who is a possible spouse for me. I've asked them to help me out cause I can't even get a single girl here in the states who would agree to date or marry me. I am literally dying of loneliness and I've been having suicidal thoughts of just wanting to end my life because I feel so unloved. I get bashed on a regular basis by people who know me and people don't even talk to me at all at family gatherings. I lost all of my friends and only have one friend left now and that is the reason why I am dying to get married. My sister is getting married so she isn't going to be around anymore either. So that is why I have resulted in getting married this way by getting people to set me up. One of my fiancee's goals and motivation to marry me is because she's going to get to come to the US and that she's going to get a green card and soon citizenship afterwards. Many people say this is bad and illegal for her to do this. Why do people think that it is illegal for her to marry me if her main goal is getting a green card ?

• Foofa

Because she'd be committing fraud and that is de facto illegal. You've been on this quest now for longer than a green-digger would even have to stay married to you to get PR status and remain in the US after divorcing you. Seriously, either pull the trigger on this so you can keep a sex slave for two or three years (before she escapes)...or stop talking about it. The truth is that if you were willing to date female mentally ill shut ins like yourself you'd already be married. Your problem isn't that you can't find a wife in the US, it's that you're extremely damaged and yet your sense of entitlement leads you to believe you deserve a woman who's mentally healthy.

If she only wants to get married for a green card, are you going to get what you want from this relationship?

An arranged marriage isn't a guarantee of a real relationship

• RICK

If the sole purpose I'd to come to the united states is to get a green card it IS illegal, it is visa fraud.

If NCICS thinks the purpose is just to get into the US she will be denied, it they find out after she is all ready in the US she will be deported. If they think you participated in the fraud you will also be prosecuted and fined.

She gets to the US you get married she gets a conditional green card, after 2 years you get the conditions removed so you can apply for a permanent green card, to get the conditions removed you must prove its a real marriage, you must live together you must have joint accounts, you must do all those thing normal married couples do. If you don't convince them she gets deported you get fined

• Ludwig

I think that counts as Human Trafficking.

First, she's not going to get a green card or citizenship. A person does not get a green card or citizenship automatically or quickly through marriage. It's a very involved process to get the green card, taking many years, if not a lifetime. Applicants are investigated more thoroughly than murder suspects are. It's no longer possible to get citizenship through marriage at all; a married person seeking citizenship simply has to live in the U.S. with the green card for the required number of years to be able to get citizenship without using the marriage.

Second, while it is technically not illegal to marry her, it is extremely illegal to lie to the government about the reasons for the marriage, which you would have to do, because if the government finds out that her main gain was a green card or citizenship, then she won't get either. She'd have a better chance if she stayed unmarried. If the government finds out that someone's reason for marriage was to get a green card or citizenship, then the person will be banned from even visiting the country.

• RICK

A lifetime?
      She gets a conditional green card the day they get married, she gets the permanent one 2 years later, 3 years after that she applies for citizenship
      5 years is not a long time

Because marrying to get a green card and citizenship IS fraud.

Since she is only using you to get your money and a green card, she's going to dump you. No solution to your loneliness. She's a fraud, defrauding you & defrauding the American people.

Aiding & abetting such fraud, since you know she's only marrying you for money & green card, makes you subject to 5 years in prison (can be up to 10 yrs depending on charges) plus $250,000 fine. Think you're lonely now? You'll be more of an outcast in prison, and even worse when you get out (if you survive imprisonment).

Why do people dislike you, don't want to associate with you? No foreigner is going to like you any better. No foreigner is going to stay by your side.

• RICK

You can't say for sure she will dump him
      I personaslly know hundreds of successful marriages between American men and girls from poor Asian countries

• R K

because she is only marrying you to get a green card. she will dump you as soon as she becomes a citizen. anyway you can't just bring her to the states and get married. you would need to go to vietnam and marry her there and stay for two years before you could bring her to the states.

• RICK

Wrong
      Does not need to marry her there
      Cash bring her to the US on fiasnce visa

• Lisa A

Because it is.

Why are you back again? Please marry your imaginary Vietnamise girlfriend from Vietnam and leave us alone.