Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 11 months ago

My brother's been bullied out of taking his meds...what should I do??

My brother has decided he no longer wants to take his anti-depressants, mainly due to bullying at school. After repeatedly bringing it up to our parent and his doctor, they consistently told him going off of them was a bad idea.

So he confided in me last week that "since no one else would help him" he's decided to wean himself off of them and not tell them until he'd been off them for a while to say he told them so.

While I disagree with his whole plan, I'm torn because he confided in me about and his mind is made up. He's doing it whether or not anyone approves. He specifically said "it's not like they could force me soml what difference does it make" when I suggested he tell them his plan.

I dont want to betray his trust but I'm also skeptical of his plan bc I'm already noticing his depressive behaviors and pattern and it's only been a week.

He's been gradually lowering the dose on his own. Seeing as he's only 16, he obviously has no idea what he's doing. But he's going off a couple articles he found online. And all of this is because other kids at school pick on him for being on med. What should I do???

Favorite Answer

Make a log of each incident showing:

1. Who is doing the bullying. List each bully by name.

2. The bully's exact behavior. Be as detailed as possible.

3. The exact date and time of each incident.

4. Where it is happening. Make it as detailed as possible.

The contact the school principal and each member of the school board by phone and by certified mail.Tell them that if the bullying does not stop immediately you will sue the school district. That should get their attention.

Anti-depressant drugs are harmful to our bodies in the long-term. There is plenty of depression self-help information on the internet.

And there is also plenty of information about Brain Gut Health online too. Our gut health is directly related to our mental health, and if more people knew this? They would ALL be changing their diets.

i would tell your parents