Were soldiers drafted into Vietnam war in good shape?

Most Americans are obese, fat greasy, and grossly out of shape. I have a fat belly and even when younger struggled to climb stairs without getting gassed out. Many of my friends are just coach potatoes and cowards. In the Vietnam draft how did the US military turn these really unfit, diseased cowardly young men... show more Most Americans are obese, fat greasy, and grossly out of shape.
I have a fat belly and even when younger struggled to climb stairs without getting gassed out. Many of my friends are just coach potatoes and cowards.

In the Vietnam draft how did the US military turn these really unfit, diseased cowardly young men into brave, fit men of steel?

I have watched military programmes and I would faint if I did even 2 pull-ups. Also I would start crying when the drill instructors shouts. I would be slow, lazy and useless and keep fainting.

Also some of my friends are gay and will start getting it off with other men during active service. Some like wearing girls dresses and lip liner. How did the USA military cope with these lame recruits in society during Vietnam ?