What kind of tree is this? Petals are light light pink. I live in MN. This is taken today. Bloomed yesterday out of nowhere.?

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

I say it's a Yoshino Cherry tree or a Crabapple tree.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • John
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

You obviously don't live in Minnesota if you like that tree. Do you even know who makes and uses fungicides in Minnesota?

No you do not. Your probably Japanese.

• 1 year ago

I am a professional gardener in California, so I am not familiar with what can grow in Minnesota, but the picture very much looks like a flowering Plum tree- the shape, trunk , flower color etc. . as well as your description of it blooming out of nowhere.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Looks to me like a

Cherry tree. The hint is in the scent. Wash DC is the place to smell cherry blossoms.

• Metalplanttag
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Flowering Cherry blooms before leaf emergence and the native cherries bloom later and the white flowers are long clusters.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JASON
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

Not a lot of detail, could be Hawthorne by the look of the trunk.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

Looking at your close-up picture, it is definitely a type of apple (the flowers and leaves are both quite distinctive), probably a flowering crab apple of some sort.

Even going by the picture of the whole tree, it's definitely not a Prunus of any sort. The growing habit is wrong, there are leaves at the same time as flowers (flowers always come before leaves on Prunus species), and most importantly it is too late. No plum or cherry blooms in mid-May.

• 1 year ago

Here are the flowers

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Asian dogwood .

• 1 year ago

Hard to tell on my screen - - - suggest you search some images under "prunus" which includes plum, cherry, almond, orange, etc.

Blossoming it looks very similar to those we have on treelawns on our street . . . thought they were cherry trees but the city says "flowering plum" . . . . they're 30 years old but no bigger than yours. They have small fruit, but not really edible - just grown for the once-a-year flowers, nice shape trees that don't get too big (although yours looks like it's been kept trimmed low - maybe it's fruit-bearing and trimmed to keep it within reach)

• 1 year ago

Cherry Blossom

Check out some of the pictures in the link. They vary quite a bit, so some will appear like your photo and others not so much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.