Jenna asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

Why is everything blurry?

I put in my contacts like usual today but something was different. I could see quite clearly and everything was “blurry” or not in focus. I wear colored contacts and they have always been fine. I tried putting more solution on and placing them back but it didn’t work

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Do you have allergies? Hopefully you have glasses to wear as I would not wear contacts for a day or two or better yet longer! If you always wear contacts, quit wearing them for awhile so your eyes can get a break! I know contacts are more convenient but sometimes you have to wear glasses whether you want to or not! Its important to see good regardless what it takes!

• 6 months ago

Have you cleaned them properly? I used to work in an optometric office and we got questions like this all the time.

If you spent a great deal of time outside in the sun yesterday, that might also have something to do with it. And believe it or not, it IS possible (unlikely, but not unheard of) for your prescription to change suddenly. I remember a couple of cases like that, one in a boy about 11 years old.

• Possibly you're still wearing contacts from yesterday and are putting contacts on top of contacts. (I did that accidentally once.)

• 6 months ago

See a doctor sir

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.